Estates and Trusts

We can help you with your estate and trust matters. Planning a legacy requires that your family’s long-term financial security be well structured. Campbell Perry can design the best means to transfer your assets, minimize tax liabilities, plan for medical care, and establish guardianship for your children.


If you intend to distribute property to your heirs, or to anyone other than a blood relative, we can help you draft or update a Will. With a valid Will, your assets will be transferred, through the Probate process, to the individual beneficiaries you name. The Will is filed in the Probate Division of your county’s Common Pleas Court. Your chosen Executor will transfer your assets, according to your wishes as set forth in the Will.

If you’ve lost a loved one, and if their estate documents left unanswered questions, we can even help you litigate the matter.


If you have minor children, a Will also lets you appoint a guardian to ensure their future is cared for.

Durable Power-of-Attorney

Sometimes, a person suffering from medical or mental disability requires a guardianship to handle their decisions and other affairs. To avoid court costs and filing fees, as long as that person still has capacity, a Durable Power-of-Attorney can be nominated to manage those affairs. Campbell Perry can help you prepare and execute just such a Durable Power-of-Attorney.


A Trust is a document providing for the disposition of assets at the time of your and your spouse’s death, usually to your children or grandchildren, avoiding the normal Probate process. The Grantor of a Living Trust usually also serves as its Trustee. The Grantor’s surviving spouse and children are generally the Successor Trustees, designated in the Trust documents.

Trusts are an effective way to delay the distribution of assets to minor children, who aren’t yet capable of managing valuable assets. A Trust can be structured to distribute smaller amounts, for education or other living expenses, but not to distribute more than you deem appropriate, until the Beneficiaries reach a specific age.

Trusts can also provide for distribution to children of a prior marriage. Without a Trust, your assets might transfer to your surviving spouse, not the parent of your children. That spouse’s estate could later be rewritten, to the exclusion of your children. This scenario can be avoided with a Living Trust or an Irrevocable Trust.

Please fill in the form below